If you want to make bracelets for your children or your friends, this DIY technique is an easy and fun way to do so. And what is so unique about the result? Firstly the fact that you have made it yourself, but also the fact that it contains water means that the things you fill it with will move around! Otherwise, it’s a neat idea for glitter lovers and people who like making their own accessories.
This is a craft activity that you can do with your children as long as you supervise them doing the steps using hot glue.
What you need:
- Plastic tubing (6 mm in diameter) which you can buy in specialist hardware shops or online
- A heated glue gun
- Water or baby oil
- A sheet of paper
- Some washi tape or sticky tape
- To fill it: pearls, glitter, colourants, etc.
1) Measure your wrist and cut the tube to the correct length.
2) Seal one end with the glue gun and allow it to dry for a few moments.
3) Fold a piece of paper to make a funnel and stick it in place with tape.
4) Fill the tube to the top with water or baby oil. If you want to colour the liquid do so with the colouring before filling the tube (to distribute the colour more evenly).
5) Next add glitter, pearls, etc. You can add decorations in different colours for a multi-coloured effect. Cover the top with your finger and shake the tube to make sure everything spreads around well.
6) Clean the top of the tube with a cloth or some kitchen paper.
7) Plug the other end of the tube with the glue and leave it dry.
8) With the glue, join the two ends and wrap it in washi tape to hide the glue.
Other examples :