Fans of original and unique objects, some people love to make their own clothes, decorations and accessories, which are 100% personalised and fit perfectly with their personalities. The rest of us tend to believe that it is a complicated thing to do, but in reality, you often don’t need much skill or materials to make it happen.
We would like to prove it to you in this tutorial, which demonstrates how to make an attractive mobile phone cover mainly with a glue gun and greaseproof paper… in other words next to nothing! The results are elegant and it can be adapted to be colourful, romantic or baroque, following current trends. But don’t stop at there: you can also create geometric designs or even other patterns, depending on your own tastes.
What you need:
- Greaseproof paper
- A glue gun
- Sticky tape
- A pencil
What to do :
1) Wrap your telephone neatly in the greaseproof paper and keep it in place with the sticky tape. The folds and the tape should be placed around the screen.
3) With your pencil, trace lines around the charger jack, headphone jack, speakers, camara lens etc.
4) Place the telephone on another sheet of greaseproof paper and trace the contours of the telephone and the identified jacks etc. with the glue gun.
5) Use the glue gun to draw some patterns on the back of the phone. You can make spirals or arabesque patterns as shown here or other patterns of your choice.
6) After it dries, unwrap the telephone and retrieve your casing.
7) Colour it with varnish (or with spray paint) and leave it to dry.