People who live in housing estates or in ground floor apartments will be only too familiar with the unpleasant sensation of always being watched (whether it’s actually happening or not). Living in the city can have its hidden drawbacks: the neighbours gazing in your windows, to have a nose around your interior decor or your private space. This is bad enough when it comes to living spaces where you want to chill out and relax, but it’s worse again for bedrooms where you really need your privacy.
There are various possible solutions, but you have to also remember that you want to keep the light in during the day. You also want the results to look elegant. AnnaBelvita managed just this, when she decided to take on the problem in 2013. Her solution is also ideal for renters, who may be looking for a solution that can easily be removed when they move out (by simply applying a little hot water with gloved hands, and using a sponge to remove all the traces).
What you need:
- 2 dessertspoons of cornflour
- 2 dessertspoons of cold water
- 250 mls of boiling water
- A brush
- Enough fine lace to cover the areas you want to ‘mask’
1) Start by mixing the cornflour and the cold water. When the mixture is smooth, add the boiling water. Keep stirring it until you get a runny mixture, and allow it to cool.
2) Use a cutter or a lace scissors to cut out the exact shape you need for your window panes.
3) Apply a fine layer of your mixture to the window pane, and place the lace on top of it. Apply a little more of the mixture to the lace and leave it to dry. And you’re done!