If you hate the look of your boring, blank walls, it could be time to dress them up a bit! Of course, that can be done in the classic ways, with paint and wallpaper, which give a room a face-lift without having to change everything. But if you are looking for a more personalised effect, you definitely need some new techniques. And you’re in luck! We have a list of 11 great ideas to share with you.
1) Cut up some stickers or buy them ready to use, for an ephemeral or modern look.
Ideal if you like change and get bored easily.
2) Book lovers will agree that books are marvellous objects. So why not put them on display, decorating your walls at the same time?
3) Make displays by printing out your favourite photographs.
These photos can even come from Instagram if you like! The idea is not to be afraid to customise your decor to your tastes. Otherwise, you can go for countrysides, people, etc. and play around with the sizes of your prints.
4) Use samples of wallpaper that you ask for in the shop or have left over to make coloured designs or graphics.
5) Plates make convincing decorations.
You can borrow some from your grandmother to complement your vintage decor, or go for a fun, original look to give a room a more modern aspect.
6) With a few strings of wool (in one or more colours), create wall hangings for a soft bohemian look.
7) Hang various objects on the wall: weaved baskets, cymbals, or other completely original objects can make a winning combination.
8) Don’t hesitate to write on the walls or use wall stickers with inspirational messages.
Those who are poets at heart can’t help but appreciate a few words of love displayed on the walls.
9) We’re keeping it poetic with these star constellations, made from stickers and string.
You’ll find plenty of inspiration on the internet for the most beautiful constellations.
10) Be inspired by these origami style decorations, that will create a unique and colourful textured effect.
11) Finally, large letters from signs are very vintage, but could work well with a modern style decor, especially if they light up.