Do you have a few sticks of chalk and a footpath near your home? Perfect! You have the base and the material to create some great games using only some chalk. Like with many other materials, it just requires a little creativity. And if that is not your forte, here are a few inspirational ideas to provide hours of amusement. Once the game is finished, you just have to wait for the rain or throw a bucket of water over it to remove all traces.
1) Use chalk to make a portrait or a self-portrait, with as many details as possible
Trace the outline and off you go!
2) A game of checkers
3) Wet the footpath to give the chalk a more paint-like texture
4) Play naughts and crosses!
Here, two versions are possible:
- the classic version in which you draw an X or an O wherever you like
- or a fun version in which you have to throw an object on the ‘board’ and make your mark wherever it lands
In both cases, the first person to get three in a straight line is the winner!
5) Draw lines equal distances apart and have fun jumping over each line, doing a long jump or trying to cross all the lines in the least number of jumps possible