When we talk about redecorating our home, we immediately think it will be tedious and expensive. However sometimes, by just making small modifications, we can totally revamp our homes. DIY is a fantastic way to do this: you have your choice of materials, and your choice of results! Personalising your home doesn’t have to be complicated, and with these 19 simple and efficient ideas, we’ll show you how.
1) Spray a cheap bin with some brightly coloured paint to make a beautiful night stand.
2) Paper clips and thread (or rods) make fantastic photo hangers.
3) By melting crayola crayons with wax, you can make your own multi-coloured candles.
4) A few drawing pins can create attractive geometric mosaics on a painting, or can be used to decorate furniture.
5) Doorknobs and a cutlery drawer can create the perfect jewellery organiser.
6) Here is another even classier jewellery organiser, that can add perfectly to a neutral or vintage style home.
7) Recycled picture frames can easily be transformed into a mini-greenhouse.
8) Lollipop sticks can help you create geometric designs on the walls. Add colour to your liking.
9) Here we take out our drawing pins again, but this time to decorate a plain candle, to create a nicer and brighter effect.
10) These spoons can be used to create a coat hanger like no other.