Throwing your glass bottles in the recycling bin is good but making them into original and unique decorative objects is even better!
Your glass bottles can be transformed into a vase, candle sticks or even Christmas trees………..You can also decorate them with glass frosting, baize or buttons and chords!
Get inspired by these images and click on the blue links in order to help you to make your own.
If it is necessary to cut a bottle into two, look below at the tutorial and video which are available!
In order to cut your glass bottle, you will need :
-methylated spirits at 90° in a glass
– a lighter
– a basin filled with water
Firstly be very careful and don’t do it with children.
1) Soak the wool thread in a glass filled with the methylated spirits.
2) Recuperate the thread and tie it around the bottle in the place where you want to cut it. Tighten it.
3) Wear your pair of gloves and with the help of a lighter burn the wool.
4) Once it has totally gone, soak the bottle in a basin of water. Gently tap it against the bottom to break the glass.
5) Use the sandpaper to file the side of the bottle which is cut.