It is not only children who love secrets and finding treasure, adults too love to discover hidden items. It can also be very romantic to have a book that looks normal on the outside but is actually hiding a secret within, perfect for storing gifts, treasures, objects and little messages. Here is how to easily make your own book treasure chest…
What you will need:
- A hard back book
- A cutter
- Pencil crayon
- PVA glue and a glue stick
- Cling film
1) Remove the external sleeve (if it has one) and decide how many pages you want to keep at the beginning before your hidden chest is revealed. Then add an extra page. This extra page will be cut to cover the mess. Cover these front pages with cling film to protect from getting stuck to the glue
2) Using a ruler trace your shape with the pencil and cut around.
3) Cut firmly, following your line taking care not to cut your fingers
4) Repeat until you get to the bottom pages. If you press firmly you can cut about ten pages at a time.
5) Using strong glue, stick the bottom pages to the back of the book. Then using a sponge glue down the pages inside. You will need to place heavy items ontop of the book to hold it into position. Leave a few days to dry.
6)Take the glue stick and add glue to the front cut page and then stick down the next page. Using your cutter cut out the same size hole to reveal the rest.
7) Fill you treasure chest.
Step by step video: