Sometimes you go looking for a pen or a pencil in drawer, but find nothing but a mess! This is why you absolutely need this fantastic organiser for pens and pencils! It doesn’t take up space, it looks great and is fully customisable! You don’t need much material to make it either. So, to your scissors!
What you need:
- Two small wooden frames of 20.3 x 25.4 x 3.8cm
- Large sticky tape
- A roll of parcel wrap
- A ruler
- A pencil
- A glue gun
- A strip of velcro (with an adhesive side)
1. Place the two wooden frames side by side and stick a large piece of tape between them.
2. Close the frames over one another (like a book) and put a large piece of strong tape on the other side of the ‘hinge’.
3. Cut some pieces from the brown paper measuring around 10cm x 21 cm. Cut around 27 pieces.
5. Take a strip of the parcel wrap and add a line of glue to each end and to the middle.
6. Place another strip of paper over it and put lines of glue 1/3 and 2/3 of the way up the strip of paper. Repeat the operation, alternating strips of two lines of glue with strips of three lines.
7. Once you have made this pretty pop up paper structure, glue it to the inside of one of the frames using the glue gun.
8. Add glue to the part of the paper pop up that is facing you and stick it to the other side of the frame.
9. Place opposing sides of the velcro strip on the edges of the frame. Press down well so that the adhesive parts stick well to the frame.
And you’re done! All that is left is to add your pens and pencils! Practical, right?