Enlighten and brighten your children’s nights with this magical and enchanting lamp, made from a simple jam jar.
What you need:
- An empty jar (ideally a jam jar)
- White acrylic paint
- A brush or a sponge
- Fairy outlines (see example below)
- A metal hanger (fine enough to cut)
- Foam, bark or tissue paper
- Glue (from a glue gun or wood glue)
- Fantasy stickers
- A rechargeable night light (or any small light)
1. Wash the jar and be sure to remove any residue stuck to the insides. Using a sponge or a large brush, paint the inside of the pot with white acrylic paint. Leave each layer to dry for about an hour. Add layers of paint until only light passes through the walls of the pot.
2. Glue a little foam, bark or tissue to the base of the jar. For the decorations, glue on the fairy outlines and add the stickers to the walls of the jar.
Here is an example:
3. Paint the lid of the jar with a paint that will stick to the lid. (You can also paint a support or stand on which you are going to place the lamp, in the same colour as the lid). Pierce two holes in the lid with a hammer and nail, in order to insert a piece of wire hanger, bent into the shape of a sleeve.
4. You can now place your small light in the jar, to light it up and discover the wonderful designs created by the stickers.
Here is the video, to give a clear idea of each of the steps:
Fairy LanternsFind fairy cutouts and written instructions here: http://bzfd.it/1UqQ8IO
Publié par Nifty sur vendredi 10 juin 2016